Noah Webster & his words / by Jeri Chase Ferris ; illustrated by Vincent X. Kirsch.
- 28 of 28 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Silas Bronson Library.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Silas Bronson Library - Waterbury||JB WEBSTER, N FER (Text to phone)||34005118424265||Juvenile Biography||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780544582422
- ISBN: 054458242X
- ISBN: 9780547390550
- ISBN: 0547390556
- Physical Description: 32 pages : color illustrations ; 22 x 29 cm.
- Publisher: Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012. Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2012.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||Includes bibliographical references.|
|Summary, etc.:||A portrait of the man who wrote the first U.S. dictionary traces his youth as a bookish Connecticut farm boy and his twenty-year effort to write the all-American dictionary that was published in 1828 when he was seventy years old.|
|Target Audience Note:||
Charter Oak Children’s Book Award (COCBA) Nominee, 2015-2016.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||Picture books for children.|
Search for related items by series
- Houghton Mifflin <b class='oils_SH series seriestitle'>Books</b> for <b class='oils_SH series seriestitle'>children</b>